The Bill Tutte Memorial Fund has been set up to raise funds to provide a lasting memorial to one of Newmarket’s unsung heroes.
Interest has been expressed in the project from around the country and from as far afield as Canada, where Bill Tutte lived and died after the war.
- To provide a lasting memorial to Bill Tutte that will enhance the environment in Newmarket, the town of his birth – ACHIEVED
- To promote public interest and education in the work of Bill Tutte, particularly his achievements as a code breaker at Bletchley Park during World War II – ONGOING
- To encourage young people in Newmarket to study and excel in mathematics and / or computer science by the provision of a school prize or scholarship fund in Bill Tutte’s name – ONGOING
Please Support The Fund
You can donate to the Bill Tutte Memorial Fund by:
Cheque : made out to ‘The Bill Tutte Memorial Fund’ and send to: Newmarket Journal, Rookery House, Newmarket, Suffolk CB8 8SY.
BACS Transfer: to ‘The Bill Tutte Memorial Fund’, Nat West Bank, Newmarket – Sort Code: 60-15-47 Account No.: 70626316
- Professor Dan Younger, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
- Professor Brian Cox, University of Manchester
The Bill Tutte Memorial Fund is a Registered Charity (No 1151333) and is administered by a Board of Trustees made up of Newmarket Town Councillors and local residents.
Secretary / Treasurer
|Alison Hayes, Deputy Editor, Newmarket Journal *
Cllr Mick Jefferys, Newmarket College Governor *
Dr Rachel Wood, Resident & Primary School Governor *
Note: * Denotes member of the Bill Tutte Memorial Scholarship Award Committee.
The Board of Trustees have the following official advisors:
- Claire Butterfield, Social Media Consultant and Researcher
- Richard Youlden, Tutte family member
- Simon Waldron, IT Consultant
Professor David Buckingham CBE FRS is Chairman of the Bill Tutte Memorial Scholarship Award Committee.